Working towards my second publicly released app - I figured I'd make a thread for it instead of posting more stuff about it in the Newer discussion thread!
LayoutStudio is (well, will be) a nice graphical editor for NW4R layouts (.brlyt/.brlan files). This includes the menus and interfaces in NSMBW, the Wii sysmenu channel banners (though these use a different version of the format which I don't quite support yet) and interface elements/menus in many, many other games.
What I've got down so far:
- Reading and writing for .brlyt files (no brlan yet)
- Loading and saving .arc files, and seeing the contents (interface for this still needs a bit of polish)
- Basic renderer for layouts that supports Pictures and Windows with some settings, and simple materials
- The start of an interface for editing layout data
And what's left (that I can think of right now):
- Layout Editor: Integrate the renderer so it can preview edited layouts
; add/remove panes; pane search; editing of pane properties; editing of materials; editing of groups
- Animation editing
- Renderer: Windows with 8 frame components
[needs testing]; textboxes (depends on Fonts); better material support
Support for all texture formats; saving of tpl files; graphical interface for editing
Everything. Reading, writing, editing. I'm thinking about skipping on the latter two and just adding Import and Export brfnt files
- A way to load textures and fonts that aren't contained within the same arc as the layout - NSMBW uses this on textures for a couple of layouts, and ALL the fonts
Current screenshot as of.. a few minutes ago: http://treeki.rustedlogic.net/ls_scenegraph.png
Source code: http://www.github.com/Treeki/LayoutStudio
This app is fully open source - I push changes the day I write them - and runs on Windows, Linux and Mac OS (but is only regularly tested on Linux). You can compile it using Qt and try it out if you like... but it doesn't really do anything useful for editing yet!